Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructionsand refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me on 07799145022.
After Each session of needle work will require your scalp to heal a bit, and this means that you cannot allow yourself to interfere with it at all for the next few days. There are scabs that form over each of the needle marks, and when they heal up, they take a bit of the pigment with them. This is considered as fading by many people, even though it is not exactly
For the first 4 days expect
- Do not wash your head in any way for at least 3 days following a treatment.
- Do not go to gyms, saunas, beaches or other places where you can sweat.
- On the fourth day you can use only water to wash your scalp, and start moisturising for the next session.
- Any abrasive factors such as sunbathing, exfoliating or heavy sweating should be avoided for a month after the final treatment.
Daily care to follow for 7 day
- A gentle facial cleanser can be used for cleaning the scalp.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Keep exercising and sweating to a minimum (sweating creates the secretion of salts in our bodies and we use salt and saline to remove SMP)
The Long Term Guidelines
- Make sure you have proper sun protection each time you are out in the sun, at least for the scalp, in order to preserve the pigmentation.
- Do not go for sun beds if you value your health.
- Make sure you do not use cosmetics and other products that contain a high value of alcohol in them.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser as often as possible throughout the week.
- Make sure that your scalp is properly moisturised every day.
- If you are planning an MRI scan, please inform your doctor of your Scalp Micro pigmentation treatment.
- Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for 6 months post application.
- Any sign of an allergic reaction/infection such as skin irritation, redness, weeping etc please contact us asap and seek medical attention.
- The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.