After Care for Permanent Cosmetic Enhancements
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FULLY READ THE AFTERCARE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT TO ALLOW FOR THE 2 WEEK HEALING AND AFTERCARE PERIOD.
For the first 4 days expect
- Minor redness, bruising, swelling and tenderness.
- Eyelashes can stick together, particularly overnight from an eyeliner treatment.
- Dryness and itchiness in the treated area and dry flaking particles from eyebrows in particular.
- These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
- Dry lips for up to 3 weeks for Lip enhancements.
For the first 2 days for Eyeliner
- Disposable cold packs may be applied as necessary to reduce any swelling.
For brows only
- Please wipe gently the brows every 2 hours with cotton wool and water until bedtime (only if you have been instructed to do so immediately after treatment due to lymph on the skin) and then apply the ointment given.
- If your skin reacted well to the treatment and didn’t produce much Lymph, please do not get your brows wet or wipe them for 48 hours. (unless you work in unsanitary conditions and/or susceptible to infection).
Daily care to follow for 7 day
- Apply either the healing balm for a minimum of 2 times a day, using a cotton bud. Wash your hands before applying the product and prevent cross-contamination of the product by using a clean cotton bud for each eye if you had an eyeliner enhancement.
- You may wish to use an antibiotic eye cream obtained from a chemist to prevent eye infections during the healing process for eyeliner treatments. Your chemist will advise you how to use it.
- Avoid eating spicy and salty foods and drink through a straw for 3 days for Lip enhancements
- No kissing for 5 days to prevent infection for lip enhancements.
- We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first week. Do not splash wash your face. Do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake away by itself.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 24 hours from an eyeliner enhancement.
- Use your normal eye cream sparingly taking care to ensure it is not applied directly over your enhancement.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from wind and pollution.
- Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
- No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement for 3 days. New mascara must be used after AN EYELINER TREATMENT AND ONLY ONCE SKIN HAS HEALED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRUE HEALED COLOUR WILL NOT REVEAL ITSELF UNTIL APPROXIMATELY THREE WEEKS AFTER. THE SKIN AS IT HEALS DURING WEEK ONE WILL LOOK PATCHY AS TINY SCABS FORM AND COME AWAY. WEEK TWO THE ENHANCEMENT WILL LOOK PALER AND WEEK THREE THE COLOUR COMES BACK TO THE SURFACE OF THE SKIN AND THAT IS THE TRUE HEALED COLOUR UNTIL YOUR FINE TUNE TREATMENT.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Do not receive eyelash tinting, permanent curling or artificial eyelash application after eyeliner enhancement or before your top up treatment.
- Do not use lash growth products after an eyeliner enhancement.
- Do not use lip plump products after a lip enhancement.
- Do not receive lip filler products after a lip enhancement.
- Keep exercising and sweating to a minimum (sweating creates the secretion of salts in our bodies and we use salt and saline to remove PMU!)
- Any sign of an allergic reaction/infection such as skin irritation, redness, weeping etc please contact us asap and seek medical attention.
- After an eyeliner enhancement: Loss of some eyelashes during the healing process is a possibility. Lost eyelashes will normally grow back within a 4 month period.
- After an eye or brow enhancement your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 5 to 7 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten.
- After a lip enhancement your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 4 – 5 days and will then shed away appearing as if little or no colour is present. Over the next 3 weeks the colour will blossom into a considerably softer version of the original colour.
- Lips: If you suffer with cold sores at present or anytime in the past use an anti-herpes medication for example Zovirax, 5 times daily for a period of 1 week. If an outbreak does occur it will generally begin on day 3 of the healing process.
- The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
- Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the control visit allowing us to fine tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your scheduled control appointment you will be charged for any further treatment. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
- Use a high factor sun cream on your enhancement (minimum SF 30) to prolong the colour for continued use. Tanning creams, AHA creams (anti-wrinkle creams with retina products) will fade your enhancement quicker.
- If you are planning eye surgery or an MRI scan, please inform your doctor of your permanent cosmetics. Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for 6 months post application.