Post Procedure Care for Permanent Cosmetic Enhancements
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FULLY READ THE AFTERCARE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT TO ALLOW FOR THE 2 WEEK HEALING AND AFTERCARE PERIOD.
General rules for all PMU treatments
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- No exercise and sweating to a minimum (sweating creates the secretion of salts in our bodies and we use salt and saline to remove PMU!)
- We recommend that you use a mild antibacterial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first week. Do not splash wash your face. Do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads.
- Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 14 days after the application of your enhancement (including botox/Fillers).
- No make-up should be applied directly on to your enhancement for 2 week.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake away by itself.
For the first 4 days what to expect
- Minor redness, bruising, swelling and tenderness. (very dependant on skin type)
- Eyelashes can stick together, particularly overnight from an eyeliner treatment.
- Dryness and itchiness in the treated area and dry flaking particles from eyebrows in particular.
- Dry lips for up to 3 weeks for Lip enhancements.
- These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
DURING WEEK ONE IT WILL LOOK PATCHY AS TINY SCABS FORM AND COME AWAY.
WEEK TWO THE ENHANCEMENT WILL LOOK PALER
WEEK THREE THE COLOUR STARTS TO COME BACK TO THE SURFACE OF THE SKIN
WEEK FOUR AND THE TRUE HEALED COLOUR PRESENTS ITSELF UNTIL YOUR FINE TUNE TREATMENT.
PLEASE NOTE THE SKIN TAKES 28 DAYS TO SELF RENEW AND REPAIR AND WE CANNOT GO BACK ON THE SKIN UNTIL A MINIMUM OF 4 WEEKS. YOUR ENHANCMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD YOUR FINE TUNE SESSION. IF YOUR DESRIED RESULT IS NOT DARK ENOUGH OR YOUR SKIN DOESN’T EXCEPT PIGMENT AS WELL AND YOU REQUIRE A 3RD APPLICATION OF COLOUR, THIS CAN BE DONE WITHIN 3 MONTHS AS AN ‘ADDITIONAL APPLICATION OF COLOUR TREATMENT’ AT A MINIMAL COST
IMPORTANT NOTE: The approximate healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and or by poor diet.
Aftercare to follow for 2 weeks after treatment (including fine tune and colourboosts)
- For the first 48 hours keep the brows clean and dry. Avoid showers or baths for 48 hours. If you have oily skin and produce a lot of lymph fluid during the treatment your pmu artist may advise you to dab your brows with tissue every 1-2 hours to lift excess fluid.
You will be given a healing balm to apply to your brows for 7 – 10 days, twice daily using a cotton bud. (again this
- may vary depending on skin type and your pmu artist will adapt and advise accordingly. Keep the brows clean but don’t over wet them, after 48 hours you can wash hair but don’t face shower directly, face away and dab brows dry don’t rub when you get out.
- After a brow enhancement your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 1 to 5 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten.
- Remember, around 4-5 days they will start healing and flake, this is normal.
- Disposable cold packs may be applied as necessary to reduce any swelling in the first 2 days.
- Apply the healing balm twice daily with a cotton bud unless otherwise instructed.
- You may wish to use an antibiotic eye cream obtained from a chemist to prevent eye infections during the healing process for eyeliner treatments. Your chemist will advise you how to use it.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 24 hours from an eyeliner enhancement.
- Avoid eye cream sparingly taking care to ensure it is not applied directly over your enhancement.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from wind and pollution.
- New mascara must be used after AN EYELINER TREATMENT AND ONLY ONCE SKIN HAS HEALED. (Approxmately 2 weeks)
- Do not receive eyelash tinting, permanent curling or artificial eyelash application after eyeliner enhancement or before your top up treatment.
- Do not use lash growth products after an eyeliner enhancement.
- After an eyeliner enhancement: Loss of some eyelashes during the healing process is a possibility. Lost eyelashes will normally grow back within a 4 month period.
- After an eye enhancement your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 5 to 7 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten.
- Apply your healing balm several times a day to keep lips protected and from drying out.
- Do not use lip plump products after a lip enhancement.
- Do not receive lip filler products after a lip enhancement.
- Important notes Avoid eating spicy and salty foods and drink through a straw for 3 days for Lip enhancements
- No kissing for 5 days to prevent infection for lip enhancements.
- Lips: If you suffer with cold sores at present or anytime in the past then anti-herpes tablets are recommended to take 3 days prior and 3 days post treatment. Or use an anti-herpes medication cream for example Zovirax, 5 times daily for a period of 1 week. If an outbreak does occur it will generally begin on day 3 of the Any sign of an allergic reaction/infection such as skin irritation, redness, weeping etc please contact us asap and seek medical attention.
If you are planning eye surgery or an MRI scan, please inform your doctor of your permanent cosmetics. Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for 6 months post application.
Use a high factor sun cream on your enhancement (minimum SF 30) to prolong the colour for continued use. Tanning creams, AHA creams (anti-wrinkle creams with retina products) will fade your enhancement quicker.