Aftercare for Areola Reconstruction
Don’t be alarmed by the darkness of the procedure site today. Initially the trauma to the area will be very visible making the colour appear darker and more red. This will begin to disappear when the healing process occurs. The top layer will flake away leaving the pigment inside the skin which will be a far softer version than what you will see today. This will take 5-7 days.
For the first 5 days
- Once a day remove your dressing and discard. Wipe gently with a damp cotton pad. Apply a fresh layer of Permanent Cosmetic Healing Balm using a clean cotton bud. And re-apply a clean dressing.
For the first week
- Do not saturate the area with water. When showering, apply a thick layer of Vaseline to act as a barrier between the water and the tattoo. Avoid long periods in the shower. And take a cooler shower (so as to create a less steamy environment)
- Do not force the top layer to come away at all. This could result in loss of pigment and even scarring. Allow it to flake away by itself when ready.
For 2 weeks
- Avoid the following: Soaps/cleansers to the area, long hot showers, chlorinated or salt water, saunas, Jacuzzis, direct sunlight, tanning treatments including artificial and all aloe products.
- Seek medical attention if you see signs of extreme redness or puss.
Long term care
- Use a good sunscreen to the area
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedures tell the technician that you have a micropigmentation enhancement.
- If you donate blood it is policy that you must wait 4 months after any tattooing procedure.
- If you are planning to have laser or IPL hair removal you must tell your technician that you have a medical micropigmentation as these devices can pull pigment black.
If you have any concerns or questions then please call Lisa on 07799145022